Author Topic: TMR's all new "Tales from the Underworld" thread  (Read 247766 times)

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
Re: TMR's all new "Tales from the Underworld" thread
« Reply #855 on: March 16, 2013, 02:32:30 PM »
Shear pin on an A320 bar went as we were pushing the plane out. It happens.

What happened after though  noooo: noooo: noooo:  All due to a fuckwitted Welsh  censored: And funnily enough, he's called Nick  cussing:

I suppose that is why they call it a 'shear pin' and not a 'never to break pin'...? ::)

I suppose that's why I wrote "It happens"  ::) ::) ::)

lol: lol: lol:

Are you at werk? The kids are on their way back....  whistle:

Not today - beer and rugby today  :thumbsup:

::)

That means that "A" shift will be unloading the plane. They might get their bags about 9pm... noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #856 on: March 16, 2013, 03:37:58 PM »

What happened after though  noooo: noooo: noooo:  All due to a fuckwitted Welsh  censored: And funnily enough, he's called Nick  cussing:

I suppose that is why they call it a 'shear pin' and not a 'never to break pin'...? ::)

I suppose that's why I wrote "It happens"  ::) ::) ::)

Are you at werk? The kids are on their way back....  whistle:

Not today - beer and rugby today  :thumbsup:

::)

That means that "A" shift will be unloading the plane. They might get their bags about 9pm... noooo:

happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #857 on: March 16, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »

I'm tired of holding my breath here! WTF happened after the shear-pin sheared that was the source of the brouhaha?
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #858 on: March 16, 2013, 08:38:54 PM »
Bloody hell that was a quick visit you must have really pissed them off.........Top man.  :thumbsup:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #859 on: March 17, 2013, 05:53:53 AM »
Bloody hell that was a quick visit you must have really pissed them off.........Top man.  :thumbsup:

cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #860 on: March 17, 2013, 08:11:20 AM »
Just read the other thread. happy100 happy100
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #862 on: March 31, 2013, 12:36:12 AM »
It's started already  noooo:

SleazyJets in tonight from "summer" places - Bodrum, Kos, Rhodes, Izmir, Antalya and Dalaman. I'm sure when I started 2 years ago we didn't see them until late April/early May. Today (yesterday - Saturday) was mad busy - SleazyJet alone had 25,000 passengers.

Today (Sunday) they'll have 40,000. I'm back in at 09:30 for a "short" 12 hour shift so time for bed...

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #863 on: March 31, 2013, 06:25:00 AM »
It's started already  noooo:

SleazyJets in tonight from "summer" places - Bodrum, Kos, Rhodes, Izmir, Antalya and Dalaman. I'm sure when I started 2 years ago we didn't see them until late April/early May. Today (yesterday - Saturday) was mad busy - SleazyJet alone had 25,000 passengers.

Today (Sunday) they'll have 40,000. I'm back in at 09:30 for a "short" 12 hour shift so time for bed...

Gis a job!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #864 on: March 31, 2013, 06:41:45 PM »
The new shift pattern started today.  Complete clusterfuck. Thank god I'm out of here at 21.30.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #865 on: March 31, 2013, 06:46:46 PM »
The new shift pattern started today.  Complete clusterfuck. Thank god I'm out of here at 21.30.

Have a beer...... :thumbsup:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #866 on: March 31, 2013, 07:43:08 PM »
75 mins before the first one 8)

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #867 on: April 01, 2013, 09:19:29 PM »
I really can't see this late shift lasting; at 9.15, 12 of us leave - that's 4 offload teams. That only leaves about 8 permanent members of staff plus about 8 new temps who can't drive any of the vehicles yet. As at 22:00 there were still 37 more flights to come in - most of them the "biggies" - Dalaman, Sharm, Hurghada, Paphos etc.

They're well and truly fecked. Apparently last night planes were on the ground for over an hour before anyone got to them - what a shambles.

I predict my new late shift will be 16.30 - 01:00 and that will start within a fortnight.

Oh, and I had a suitcase today with "Guaranteed for 5 years" emblazoned on it.  The manufacturer really shouldn't set me challenges like that... whistle:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #868 on: April 01, 2013, 09:21:15 PM »
I really can't see this late shift lasting; at 9.15, 12 of us leave - that's 4 offload teams. That only leaves about 8 permanent members of staff plus about 8 new temps who can't drive any of the vehicles yet. As at 22:00 there were still 37 more flights to come in - most of them the "biggies" - Dalaman, Sharm, Hurghada, Paphos etc.

They're well and truly fecked. Apparently last night planes were on the ground for over an hour before anyone got to them - what a shambles.

I predict my new late shift will be 16.30 - 01:00 and that will start within a fortnight.

Oh, and I had a suitcase today with "Guaranteed for 5 years" emblazoned on it.  The manufacturer really shouldn't set me challenges like that... whistle:

lol: lol:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #869 on: April 02, 2013, 05:38:31 AM »

Why on earth did they change the shifts like that...?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: