Author Topic: The Panorama Thread  (Read 831 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
The Panorama Thread
« on: July 24, 2007, 05:03:09 AM »
Did anybody watch it last night?

I know the whole series has become somewhat lightweight recently but I happened to have the TV on and sat down to watch.

About immigration and how the government has completely lost count or appears to have lost count of how many people are coming into the country.

Using Slough as an example, they focussed on how the council budget was being reduced because ?official government statistics? show the population to be decreasing.

Quote from: BBC Web Site
Andrew Blake-Herbert, director of finance for Slough council said: "Over the last three years, we've already lost ?5 million worth of funding and if the inaccurate population statistics aren't corrected before the next census, we stand to lose up to ?15 million worth of funding"

Source

Yet ?on the street? it is obvious that Slough is literally bursting at the seams with people and local services are struggling to cope with the resources they have ? let alone facing cuts.

Fascinating.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
Re: The Panorama Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 08:10:43 AM »
I did. Until I became so angry that I jabbed myself with a knitting needle and had to go and staunch the flow of blood.  redface:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 08:36:47 AM »
I did. Until I became so angry that I jabbed myself with a knitting needle and had to go and staunch the flow of blood.  redface:

eeek: eeek: eeek:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 09:14:17 AM »

rubschin:
How often do you get these urges to harm yourself my dear?
I mostly despair

Misunderstood

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 09:19:29 AM »
Yes I watched it!  And fumed throughout...

It reflects the perfected art of government denial that is all-pervasive these days.

If they don't want to see it - it doesn't exist!         

Tossers all of them.   evil: