Author Topic: Yikes  (Read 6252 times)

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
Re: Yikes
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 10:30:41 PM »
What court case? confused:

Is the 2nd hand car market for rhd cars bouyant out there then? eeek:

All cars are rhd ...........and yes 2nd hand cars are bleeding  expensive ............even a scrapper is worth a grand here ........

Could this be a possible solution for the disposal of this fine condition  but seemingly unwanted unloved 1991 Citroen ZX 1.4 with virtually full service history with a jumpy 2nd gear and fitted (currently) swimming pool in the n/s/f footwell?
If it's going to be worth a decent amount, I wouldn't hesitate driving it out there.
I can feel problems lurking with importing red tape nonsense though. whistle:

Duty under 1.6 is minimal ..........or you (someone) can drive it for a year on uk plates ...........

Most cars here are imported .......and if second hand ...ringers!

whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 03:40:48 AM »
Bring it over... if we can't sell it there is the 'donkey cliff' up the road we can push it off... for a larf like....  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2011, 05:56:03 AM »
Bring it over... if we can't sell it there is the 'donkey cliff' up the road we can push it off... for a larf like....  whistle:

Got to get practice in for the mini I suppose  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2011, 08:12:28 AM »

Oh, 'MeMi. How's she doing? cloud9:
 Done many shows yet? The last I read about her she was looking well on the road to stardom.
Has she won many class awards then, and did you finally get a rear bumper sourced?

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2011, 08:18:33 AM »

Slightly long distance for a ...."larf"....IF you don't mind me saying so like. whistle:

Seriously, is there a good market for this unwanted car of mine out there?
It'd cost quite a bit in fuel and ferry costs no doubt, but a £150 maximum bid here in rip off Britain is a total no brainer. Get that from the scrappy tbh.
I need to clear at  approx £325-£350 to cover what it's cost me in  fuel so far,and mot/repairs/welding to even break even ::)

Has that ferry from ...can't remember now...opened up now btw?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:20:29 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 08:26:08 AM »

Oh, 'MeMi. How's she doing? cloud9:
 Done many shows yet? The last I read about her she was looking well on the road to stardom.
Has she won many class awards then, and did you finally get a rear bumper sourced?

Well... I got the bumper!

Apart from that not too much has happened... gearbox all re-built, looks lovely... engine is being re-built at the moment... body is still languishing in the paint shop but I'm promised the end of this month...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2011, 08:28:11 AM »

Slightly long distance for a ...."larf"....IF you don't mind me saying so like. whistle:

Seriously, is there a good market for this unwanted car of mine out there?
It'd cost quite a bit in fuel and ferry costs no doubt, but a £150 maximum bid here in rip off Britain is a total no brainer. Get that from the scrappy tbh.
I need to clear at  approx £325-£350 to cover what it's cost me in  fuel so far,and mot/repairs/welding to even break even ::)

Has that ferry from ...can't remember now...opened up now btw?

I'm not really sure on values... have a look here.

As for the ferry, I don't think there is a RO-RO at the moment, you have to drive to Piraus and stick it on a ship as freight from there...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2011, 08:29:13 AM »
Bit behind schedule then? Thought you'd have had it up and running now tbh. Problems? (Wimmin?  whistle: )

What's the colour scheme then, or is it going to be all whaite as it was originally...iirc?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2011, 08:45:55 AM »
Bit behind schedule then? Thought you'd have had it up and running now tbh. Problems? (Wimmin?  whistle: )

What's the colour scheme then, or is it going to be all whaite as it was originally...iirc?

It was white with a black roof but I don't think that was original (and a black roof isn't ideal for the weather here) so it is going to be all-white.

The real delay has been the bodywork guy... he quoted 4 moths to do the job - that was a year ago... I've got all the other stuff here waiting to be bolted onto it...

I got the Rostyles powder coated - they look sweet...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2011, 09:05:26 AM »
12 months to do the bodywerk? eeek:

Could have built a new bodyshell by hand with the aid of a hammer and welder in that time! evil:
WTF is he doing to it...apart from nowt seemingly? noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2011, 09:13:28 AM »
Anyways, I had a look at the Cyprus Autotrader and it didn't actually give me much idea tbh.
No ZX's for sale, and only 6 Citroens in total. eeek:

Do you have a local Cypriot Crap Cars pitch locally that might be interested?

Go and 'ave a werd with them for me and see if they're interested, there's a luv, tar. ;)
If successful, I could bring special Growler CAKE ( NOT Sainsburys  ::) ) and home made Brocolli with us as a reward like. cloud9:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2011, 09:21:13 AM »
Anyways, I had a look at the Cyprus Autotrader and it didn't actually give me much idea tbh.

Go and 'ave a werd with them for me and see if they're interested, there's a luv, tar. ;)
If successful, I could bring special Growler CAKE ( NOT Sainsburys  ::) ) and home made Brocolli with us as a reward like. cloud9:

apc seemed knowledgeable on the subject... we'll see if he knows somebody like....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2011, 09:40:29 AM »

apc seemed knowledgeable on the subject... we'll see if he knows somebody like....

If what he says is true, then it would actually probably werth me while bringing it over just to scrap it! eeek:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2011, 11:24:34 AM »

If what he says is true, then it would actually probably werth me while bringing it over just to scrap it! eeek:

Yes, but you've seen the bollocks he talks most of the time...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2011, 04:37:21 PM »

Yes, but you've seen the bollocks he talks most of the time...  whistle:

Oi  cussing: I didn't buy the mini........ whistle: