Author Topic: Gagging Orders  (Read 5217 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Re: Gagging Orders
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2011, 02:07:27 PM »
Mr Marr won a High Court injunction in January 2008 to suppress reports of a relationship with a fellow journalist five years earlier.

At the time, he believed he had fathered a child with the woman.

He also made maintenance payments – until he discovered through a DNA test that he was not the girl's father.

I note the woman is not named anywhere ....perhaps she is even more embarrassed  rubschin:

I doubt it very much!

I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 02:09:07 PM »
Mr Marr won a High Court injunction in January 2008 to suppress reports of a relationship with a fellow journalist five years earlier.

At the time, he believed he had fathered a child with the woman.

He also made maintenance payments – until he discovered through a DNA test that he was not the girl's father.

I note the woman is not named anywhere ....perhaps she is even more embarrassed  rubschin:

I doubt it very much!

Gagging?

noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 04:51:35 PM »
Tis unfair indeed ....but she probably appreciates the publicity  ;)

How un-fair ........another "lads mag" exclusive ...... rubschin:

Didn't take too long .........

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3561454/Imogen-Thomas-reveals-all.html

From the article

I've just spent a few months keeping my head down and working on various projects."

I bet she has, eh, eh, eh. Know what I mean, know what I mean, elbow, elbow, dig dig, still, whoooaarr eh, whooooaaar eh!

LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2011, 05:14:46 PM »
Tales of the wronged woman, shot on location and in a number of different swimming costumes and bikini's unfair. She needed the vacation to get over the stress of it all. You know what it's like.

Miss D the fortune teller  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2011, 10:28:18 AM »
Rumour is the 30 or so individuals .....were named on twitter last night ..........

Any gossip ........... rubschin:

1st alleged (so they don't sue him).........Gabby Logan and Alan Shearer ... eeek:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 10:31:10 AM by apc2010 »

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2011, 08:30:32 PM »
1st alleged (so they don't sue him).........Gabby Logan and Alan Shearer ... eeek:

And then it went to the surreal, Jemima Khan and Jeremy Clarkson  eeek:

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2011, 08:42:50 PM »
Hands up all those who like guessing games. The kind of game that the whole family can play. Well, the hottest guessing game in town right now appears to be one called ‘who has taken out a super injunction’.  Twitter is alive with rumours, gossip and guesses as to which premiership footballer, famous actor, British comedian, TV chef, TV presenter, TV actor and a few other celebrities have been doing things that they’d rather the public didn’t know about. Many of the newspapers are joining in the game too by giving out several cryptic clues as to the identities of the well-known, household name, celebrities involved.

So eyes down, look in! It’s time to play The Celebrity Super Injunction Rumour Quiz! The aim of the game is to try and match some random pictures of celebrities with a list of known super injunctions. All hypothetical of course, we’re just having a bit of fun aren’t we. After all, any answers that you might come up with here, that turn out to be accurate once the truth officially becomes known, would be pure coincidence. Right... Ok then, so off you go and see if you can also spot an odd one out ….

1. Which Manchester United footballer had an extramarital affair with 
Big Brother star Imogen Thomas which lasted for 7 months.

2. Which British actor, whose wife drives a volvo, paid £195 for the personal services of Helen Wood which, she says, included the use of a sex toy … on him. Helen Wood is also the same high profile 
prostitute who had a sex session with premiership footballer Wayne Rooney, which was reported widely in the tabloids.

3. Which TV chef is said to have sexually harassed one female 
employee and then sacked a male employee for no reason. The man is alleging age 
discrimination at an employment tribunal and also says that he is still owed wages.

4. Which outspoken TV presenter has taken out an injunction preventing publication 
of naked intimate photographs of himself and his ex-wife and definitely not Jemima Khan?

5. Which two stars of a popular TV drama show, on Channel 4, had an extra marital affair. The woman involved is also said to have left the show, as a result, in around December 2010.

6. Which British comedian, actor, writer is said to have a keen interest in 
BDSM and has made several visits to spanking and whipping establishments? Normally, he’s also very active on Twitter but has been rather silent of late and he was also a keen supporter of the #Yes2AV campaign.

whistle:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2011, 09:05:29 PM »
I do like a good guessing game  cloud9:

Might be a bit too tough this one though JOM  ;)

You may have to dumb it down  a bit  lol:
Skubber

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2011, 09:09:31 PM »
So the footballer has been outed by an MP  ::)

The injunction however still stands as reconfirmed by the courts this afternoon  noooo:

But they can now openly discuss it in the news  rubschin:

How does that work then ????
Skubber

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2011, 04:36:30 AM »
Not very well it would appear  ;)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2011, 05:15:46 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2011, 05:40:50 AM »
So the footballer has been outed by an MP  ::)

The injunction however still stands as reconfirmed by the courts this afternoon  noooo:

But they can now openly discuss it in the news  rubschin:

How does that work then ????

As was said yesterday by the judge involved and subsequently reported
He was doing what parliament had asked the courts to do when it passed the Human Rights Act: to weigh up privacy and freedom of expression as embodied in articles 8 and 10 of the HRA. As required by section 12 of the act (at the urging of the press itself), judges must pay special regard to the media's own codes of conduct.

Clearly the press want to have it both ways and the MP (Hemmings) was told by the Speaker that whilst his remarks were subject to "Parliamentary Privilege" he should not abuse that privilege for the purpose of sensationalism.

Many have cited similar injunctions (See Mary Bell, Jon Venables et al) where the press have respected them. Indeed their own code of conduct enshrines the right to an individual's privacy unless it is a matter of "public interest". I don't think knowing the identity and whereabouts of a child murder is less in the public's interest than which footballer or film 'star' is getting their jollies so can only conclude that the press believe that Mary Bell etc are entitled to protection from public outrage and possible reprisals whereas the errant footballers are in danger of only a lot of piss taking the next time they appear on the pitch.

Of course the learned judge is right to seek to protect the man's family .... imagine what his children will go through at school and what his wife will feel about the matter ..... but again does Mr Giggs (and others) actually deserve consideration? After all he knew that his wife would probably find out ~ most wives do know, even if they don't do anything about it, when their husbands are having an affair.

It is a difficult question indeed and one the PM has, rightly in my opinion, now sought to resolve by means of an inquiry into the law itself and the possibility of changing it.

Personally I couldn't give a fat rat's arse who is screwing who. I know of many in this village who "place the OMO packet in their window". Doesn't bother me and as the news spreads (as it will in a small community) it is a five minute wonder. Would the press be interested? Of course not ..... nobody famous is involved.

No, it's the children involved and the predictable effect on them that worries me.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2011, 05:47:15 AM »
Well hopefully the right honourable Mr Giggs will get his money back  lol:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2011, 05:52:54 AM »
I don't give a feck to be honest and couldn't name most of the 'celebs' that seem so important to the sheeple...  noooo:

However, what does annoy me is the principle that you can buy the law if you have the cash. That is bad and wrong and obviously not just happening in privacy cases...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2011, 05:57:01 AM »
Well hopefully the right honourable Mr Giggs will get his money back  lol:
Was the girl a tart then?
I mostly despair