Author Topic: Not forgetting little Maddy  (Read 96066 times)

Online Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
Re: Not forgetting little Maddy
« Reply #405 on: September 18, 2007, 12:14:16 PM »
Don't forget the McCann twins.

Twins are serious hard work  eeek:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #406 on: September 18, 2007, 12:16:48 PM »
Does anyone here have normal well behaved kids? I was positively angelic and boring by the sounds of things.  eeek:

Betcha you were not. These are normal kids we are talking about.
The problems with children are
(i) There is no training for the job ~ you pick it up as you go along.
(ii) Every child is different so it doesn't matter what you did with the previous one ... the same things will not work with the current one.
(iii) They are us, only younger and without experience.
(iv) They believe they are the first who ever did anything, thought any thought or encountered any situation.
(v) They do not realise that you were once a kid yourself.
(vi) They do not come with an operators manual nor a help desk number (unless you count your own parents whose reaction is usually to roll about laughing)

Honestly until the age of 19 when I dropped out of college the most worry I gave my parents was behaviour wise was being caught smoking. I didn't sneak out, set things on fire, get into trouble at school, have inappropriate boyfriends, cut myself, drink too much, have an eating disorder.  eeek:

I guess you have caught up on all that now then!

One freak of a boyfriend but I was on prescribed drugs at the time so can't be held responsible. Mr Wench is considered most suitable and I am a settled young lady with a proper job. So other than two years where I was depressed and dropped out of college I haven't caused any major upset. I leave all that to Brother Wench. Crikey I really am a dullard. eeek:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #407 on: September 18, 2007, 12:17:24 PM »
Does anyone here have normal well behaved kids? I was positively angelic and boring by the sounds of things.  eeek:

(ii) Every child is different so it doesn't matter what you did with the previous one ... the same things will not work with the current one.
(iv) They believe they are the first who ever did anything, thought any thought or encountered any situation.
(vi) They do not come with an operators manual nor a help desk number (unless you count your own parents whose reaction is usually to roll about laughing)

Honestly until the age of 19 when I dropped out of college the most worry I gave my parents was behaviour wise was being caught smoking. I didn't sneak out, set things on fire, get into trouble at school, have inappropriate boyfriends, cut myself, drink too much, have an eating disorder.  eeek:

Trust us Wenchy ~ you gave them sleepless nights, you worried them silly when your temperature rose above 100F
You caused them to sit night after night arguing about what to do about new clothes, the rate at which you were/or were not growing. The children you mixed with at school, why you hadn't been invited to so & so's party, your refusal to eat something, the rash on your tummy, the car sickness if you sat in the back, whether they could risk letting you go to France with the school. The list is endless and some items may not apply to you specifically as all children are different but the problems are pretty much the same.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #408 on: September 18, 2007, 12:17:32 PM »
Don't forget the McCann twins.

Twins are serious hard work  eeek:

Oh yes, we were drifting. Thanks
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Nick

« Reply #409 on: September 18, 2007, 12:18:52 PM »

Honestly until the age of 19 when I dropped out of college the most worry I gave my parents was behaviour wise was being caught smoking. I didn't sneak out, set things on fire, get into trouble at school, have inappropriate boyfriends, cut myself, drink too much, have an eating disorder.  eeek:

Trust us Wenchy ~ you gave them sleepless nights, you worried them silly when your temperature rose above 100F
You caused them to sit night after night arguing about what to do about new clothes, the rate at which you were/or were not growing. The children you mixed with at school, why you hadn't been invited to so & so's party, your refusal to eat something, the rash on your tummy, the car sickness if you sat in the back, whether they could risk letting you go to France with the school. The list is endless and some items may not apply to you specifically as all children are different but the problems are pretty much the same.

Agreed. Made harder when he sometimes says, "YOU aren't my real Mum and Dad, so I can find some new ones" sad24:

Online Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #410 on: September 18, 2007, 12:21:41 PM »
Agreed. Made harder when he sometimes says, "YOU aren't my real Mum and Dad, so I can find some new ones" sad24:

Gulp  sad24:

happy100

Offline Nick

« Reply #411 on: September 18, 2007, 12:22:54 PM »
Ta. It can hurt!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #412 on: September 18, 2007, 12:23:21 PM »

OUCH!
But understandable I suppose.
We were impressed at the ease with which he calls you "Dad" and that you responded to it without hesitation.
He has to hurt you from time to time ~ they all do. That is an easy one for him to use but I really don't think he means it as he clearly worships you ~ that was very obvious.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #413 on: September 18, 2007, 12:24:31 PM »
Was it?

That's nice to hear. Miss Netball Kit cloud9: says he is doing fine with her.

SO would I actually eeek:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #414 on: September 18, 2007, 12:26:48 PM »
Have you managed to take a pic of Miss Netball yet?

Offline Nick

« Reply #415 on: September 18, 2007, 12:27:32 PM »
She finishes with him in 3 weeks. We should get a photo "for his records" eyes:

And also mine eyes:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #416 on: September 18, 2007, 12:29:28 PM »
Snap one on the quiet with your camera phone!

Offline Nick

« Reply #417 on: September 18, 2007, 12:31:46 PM »
I had thought of that, but he can work it better than me. There's a thought. But then I have to get the pic off the phone and onto here rubschin:

We bought him a digital in Toronto. Hmmmmmmmm, good plan!

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #418 on: September 18, 2007, 12:33:06 PM »
I had thought of that, but he can work it better than me. There's a thought. But then I have to get the pic off the phone and onto here rubschin:

We bought him a digital in Toronto. Hmmmmmmmm, good plan!

NOOOOOO do NOT ask The Boy to do that. He seems happy at this school.

Offline Nick

« Reply #419 on: September 18, 2007, 12:36:19 PM »
He can snap her in her Gym Kit.

I can post it in the Secret Boys' Area. They have been asking me, you know.