Author Topic: All is well...  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
All is well...
« on: May 16, 2011, 07:04:34 AM »
 cloud9: cloud9: cloud9: cloud9: cloud9: cloud9: cloud9: cloud9:

I'm delighted... there are no issues in the world, conflicts or problems with the economy.... Nothing important is happening at all...  ;D

Say what? There is???  eeek:

Wars, unemployment and financial meltdown you say...?  rubschin:

I just thought that as "Well known bloke faces rape accusation" was lead item on the news nothing else could be going on....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: All is well...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 06:43:04 AM »
More evidence...

I was listening to 'Yesterday in Parliament' on the today programme this morning...

Our elected representatives where having a lengthy debate about banning wild animals performing in circuses!  Banghead

Apparently there are thirty-nine wild animals (no elephants now) performing in circuses in the UK...  noooo:

So that is it... the single most important issue facing the country...  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 06:53:38 AM »
It's because most laws are now made in Brussels by the unelected. Westminster is nowt but a glorified County Council whose task is to rubber stamp wot the foreigners tell them to. I confidently expect the PM to be issued with a "Mayoral Chain" before too many more years go by. Like local authorities the world over the Government now has very limited powers. Frankly I dunno why we bother with them any longer. It is all a sham but I suppose it gives 620 otherwise unemployable layabouts and spivs something to keep them off the streets.

AND just imagine the rise in Jobseekers if the media had nothing to talk to one another about ...... "And now over to Fred Bloggs in Tunisia who will tell us all about his opinion of what is happening in Syria because he is not actually allowed to report from Syria but is closer than we are in London."

"Well Huw, as you know I am not allowed to report from Syria but I can tell you that things look pretty bad from here and now back to Huw in London"

"That was Fred Bloggs in Tunisia, thank you Fred...... and now at Westminster the plight of circus animals was debated on a private members bill signed by 3 Liberal Democrats so over to Nick Robinson .... what can you tell us Nick?"

"Well Huw, tempers rose in the House today when .... etc"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 07:01:10 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 06:55:18 AM »
It's because most laws are now made in Brussels by the unelected. Westminster is nowt but a glorified County Council whose task is to rubber stamp wot the foreigners tell them to. I confidently expect the PM to be issued with a "Mayoral Chain" before too many more years go by. Like local authorities the world over the Government now has very limited powers. Frankly I dunno why we bother with them any longer. It is all a sham but I suppose it gives 620 otherwise unemployable layabouts and spivs something to keep them off the streets.

Indeed...

As it turned out the UK can't ban performing animals because of "EU rules and Human Rights Legislation".  eeek:

What a fecking farce...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 07:22:45 AM »

Indeed...

As it turned out the UK can't ban performing animals because of "EU rules and Human Rights Legislation".  eeek:

What a fecking farce...  noooo:

And we all thought that the "Whitehall Farces" with Brian Rix losing his trousers was so called because they were performed at the Whitehall Theatre  confused:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 06:20:09 AM »

AND just imagine the rise in Jobseekers if the media had nothing to talk to one another about ...... "And now over to Fred Bloggs in Tunisia who will tell us all about his opinion of what is happening in Syria because he is not actually allowed to report from Syria but is closer than we are in London."

"Well Huw, as you know I am not allowed to report from Syria but I can tell you that things look pretty bad from here and now back to Huw in London"

"That was Fred Bloggs in Tunisia, thank you Fred...... and now at Westminster the plight of circus animals was debated on a private members bill signed by 3 Liberal Democrats so over to Nick Robinson .... what can you tell us Nick?"

"Well Huw, tempers rose in the House today when .... etc"

Excellent Snoopy

"So Nick, were any welsh people involved?"
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 04:23:41 PM »

It would seem so JOM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13503847

But looking at that picture .... who would want to?

Online Nick

Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 06:07:55 PM »
What an idiot ............. noooo:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13509868

Giggs I mean.......

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »

It would seem so JOM

My tenuous link with the scandal... 22 years ago his dad was one of my sisters ex's  eeek:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 06:30:35 PM »

It would seem so JOM

My tenuous link with the scandal... 22 years ago his dad was one of my sisters ex's  eeek:

Sell the story .......... rubschin:.........every paper will want any dirt now .....

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 07:00:33 PM »

It would seem so JOM

Sell the story .......... rubschin:.........every paper will want any dirt now .....

I can be his agent like....  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: