Author Topic: Bunny Boiler  (Read 954 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Bunny Boiler
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 09:28:19 AM »
I have a VHS/DVD machine too - but no remote control....  redface:

Copying all the old VHS-C camcorder tapes is on my ever lengthening list of things to do....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 09:30:46 AM »
Aaaah ...it is now in progress . Instructions weren't very clear so can understand how me technophobe mum may have been a little confused - also gives you a compatibility mode so that it will be playable on most DVD's .

I shall test it shortly when batch 1 has been done to see how successful this is  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 10:01:19 AM »
Bish Bash Wallop - the 1st video onto DVD and plays on my laptop, home puter, blu ray player and dvd no probs  happy088

It has The Brat as a wee baby and my mum and stuff ...I'd get quite sentimental if there wasn't all sorts of drilling, banging and crashing noises all around me  scared2:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 10:21:35 AM »
Well done you!

TBH I am a bit wary of transferring stuff and have kept 2 VHS recorders and all tapes together with an ancient portable analogue TV.

Same with digital cameras ~ I print all pics as I am not convinced that technology will not advance to the point where all digitally saved stuff may be un-readable.

I have photographs that are over 100 years old and still perfectly viewable and would hate to think that my successors would not be able to view pictures of family that I have taken.

I guess transferring stuff makes it more viewable now (my old VHS recordings simply do not look good on modern TVs) so my thinking is a paper record is still of value.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 11:54:21 AM »
Well done you!

TBH I am a bit wary of transferring stuff and have kept 2 VHS recorders and all tapes together with an ancient portable analogue TV.

Same with digital cameras ~ I print all pics as I am not convinced that technology will not advance to the point where all digitally saved stuff may be un-readable.

I have photographs that are over 100 years old and still perfectly viewable and would hate to think that my successors would not be able to view pictures of family that I have taken.

I guess transferring stuff makes it more viewable now (my old VHS recordings simply do not look good on modern TVs) so my thinking is a paper record is still of value.

You could start a business converting camcorder tapes to celluloid.

I know a certain bear whou would be a good customer.  whistle:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 12:00:19 PM »
Well done you!

He doesn't seem to be talking to me  sad24:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 12:27:33 PM »
I now have 3 of them ....apparently one has come just to fit a thermostat  whacky115
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 12:29:06 PM »
Lock them in the house until it is finished and werking
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 12:32:54 PM »
I now have 3 of them ....apparently one has come just to fit a thermostat  whacky115

Maybe they have seen one of your films......... whistle:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2011, 12:35:50 PM »

lol:
The rest will be arriving soon then  whistle:
Skubber

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »

lol:
The rest will be arriving soon then  whistle:

Old plot-line .......... rubschin:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2011, 01:09:02 PM »
Well done you!

happy002
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 02:07:12 PM »
It appears they may be finishing shortly  rubschin:

They have just taken up the dust sheets and stuff.

I have made them a grand total of 0 cups of tea and coffee today .....i put all the stuff out and told them to help themselves and that it would be better if I just left them to it as the kitchen is small  whistle:

It's bound to be gubbed eh  lol:
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 02:16:01 PM »
[serious]
That is because thermostats are electric.

The horny-handed sons of toil who work on gas pipes will sometimes touch water pipes, but rarely the other way round.

Neither of them will touch 'electrics' because that is black magic and only touched by blessed acolytes.

Gas and water practitioners are taught from an early age that electricity will bring them a terrible and fiery death if touched. [/serious]
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011, 02:46:35 PM »
All done , dusted ( well no I have to clean up  a bit ) but they have left 4 sacks of industrial rubbish - but apprently this is another bloke that comes and picks this up  rubschin: noooo:
Skubber