Author Topic: Things that brighten the day  (Read 91467 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Things that brighten the day
« Reply #270 on: March 04, 2013, 09:03:17 AM »
As posted the other day before the move...

Sweet Mama Dog Interacting with a Beautiful Child with Down Syndrome Jim Stenson

My grandson has Down's Syndrome he is three nearly four now. It is doubtful that he will ever live an independent life but may well outlive his parents.

His father (my son due to arrive tomorrow) lives in Scotland. Full time jobs are few on the ground and my son doesn't have one of them he works p/t for Tesco.  Money is tight and my son is going to be caught out by the so called 'bedroom tax'.  He will struggle to have his children to stay with him in a month or so as he will only be allowed to have one bedroom without being penalised. I don't know what the answer is but this ain't it. evil:

Well that sort of spoilt the thread, sorry chaps and chapesses.

Another reason for Scotland to go their own way ...... tho' I'm not sure the "Bedroom Tax" will apply in Scotland anyway. Since, like Wales, they have their own system of valuation on properties you may find that this piece of Westminster arseholery doesn't get taken up North o the Border.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #271 on: March 06, 2013, 06:12:15 PM »
A famous dead 98 year old would help  evil:

Me too now my hero Steve found the 100 for me....... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #272 on: March 06, 2013, 06:22:05 PM »
As posted the other day before the move...

Sweet Mama Dog Interacting with a Beautiful Child with Down Syndrome Jim Stenson

My grandson has Down's Syndrome he is three nearly four now. It is doubtful that he will ever live an independent life but may well outlive his parents.

His father (my son due to arrive tomorrow) lives in Scotland. Full time jobs are few on the ground and my son doesn't have one of them he works p/t for Tesco.  Money is tight and my son is going to be caught out by the so called 'bedroom tax'.  He will struggle to have his children to stay with him in a month or so as he will only be allowed to have one bedroom without being penalised. I don't know what the answer is but this ain't it. evil:

Well that sort of spoilt the thread, sorry chaps and chapesses.

I can understand your anger my daughter is caught up in this 'bedroom tax' rip off. They should be getting this tax elsewhere. They just seem to go for easy targets... evil:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #273 on: March 25, 2013, 11:41:35 AM »
My son has just sent his CV to Mr C for advice and corrections etc. Mr C is positively glowing, as he should be, as am I, which is natural.  It just goes to show the regard in which my son holds his sorry excuse for a father and the regard in which he holds Mr C.  It's all rather nice really. cloud9:

I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Online Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #274 on: March 25, 2013, 12:02:01 PM »
 :thumbsup:   ;D
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2013, 04:30:55 PM »
My son has just sent his CV to Mr C for advice and corrections etc. Mr C is positively glowing, as he should be, as am I, which is natural.  It just goes to show the regard in which my son holds his sorry excuse for a father and the regard in which he holds Mr C.  It's all rather nice really. cloud9:

Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2013, 06:39:04 PM »
Very nice  happ096
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Nick

« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2013, 06:51:04 PM »
The VP  cloud9:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #278 on: March 25, 2013, 07:11:38 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #280 on: April 01, 2013, 05:57:18 PM »
Had not long been back from lingering in Sheffield.  Been down the garden to feed the chickens, was just washing my hands and getting ready to open the wine when there was a knock at the front door.

On answering it much to my surprise standing there and asking to use the bathroom was Nick.

One glass of wine, a wee, several stories, a large dose of laughing he has just left us, clutching a package containing a wabbit pie dish and a CD that has been sitting on my bookcase since he visited us for a weekend.  cloud9:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #281 on: April 01, 2013, 05:59:57 PM »
Had not long been back from lingering in Sheffield.  Been down the garden to feed the chickens, was just washing my hands and getting ready to open the wine when there was a knock at the front door.

On answering it much to my surprise standing there and asking to use the bathroom was Nick.

One glass of wine, a wee, several stories, a large dose of laughing he has just left us, clutching a package containing a wabbit pie dish and a CD that has been sitting on my bookcase since he visited us for a weekend.  cloud9:

Is everything still in one piece......... scared2:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #282 on: April 01, 2013, 06:10:38 PM »

cloud9:

Was he freshly showered...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #283 on: April 01, 2013, 06:12:10 PM »

cloud9:

Was he freshly showered...?

He had one yesterday,,,,,,, :thumbsup:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #284 on: April 01, 2013, 06:27:49 PM »

Things that brighten the day....   whistle:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie