Author Topic: Things that brighten the day  (Read 91561 times)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Things that brighten the day
« Reply #405 on: July 10, 2013, 08:40:41 PM »
I ended the day having a presentation on the mahoosive changes happening on the farm followed by a BBQ courtesy of said farmer. After 15 - 20 years of arable they're going down the "grass-fed" route, meadow grasses have already been planted over much of the 2,500 acres, and 4,500 sheep arrive in September (and one dog), and cows to follow. Photo opportunities galore  cloud9:

The first 40 have arrived. Nice to hear them in the field as I sat in the garden with cider in hand this evening (NAE)  :thumbsup:

Gorgeous!!  I grew up with sheep to the left and cows to the right. Love the sound of lambies on a balmy evening.  cloud9:

Unlike when you have been in Pambis lately:

Clown to the left of me, joker to the right of me..... whistle:
... and a barmy evening.
I mostly despair

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #406 on: July 10, 2013, 08:41:55 PM »
I ended the day having a presentation on the mahoosive changes happening on the farm followed by a BBQ courtesy of said farmer. After 15 - 20 years of arable they're going down the "grass-fed" route, meadow grasses have already been planted over much of the 2,500 acres, and 4,500 sheep arrive in September (and one dog), and cows to follow. Photo opportunities galore  cloud9:

The first 40 have arrived. Nice to hear them in the field as I sat in the garden with cider in hand this evening (NAE)  :thumbsup:

Gorgeous!!  I grew up with sheep to the left and cows to the right. Love the sound of lambies on a balmy evening.  cloud9:

... and a barmy evening.

lol: lol: lol:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #407 on: July 11, 2013, 08:48:02 AM »

... and a barmy evening.

. . . . and dinner so close at hand.

Have you planted any mint yet?
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #408 on: July 11, 2013, 05:29:22 PM »
Funnily enough, about eight different types in pots  :thumbsup:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #409 on: July 11, 2013, 09:22:03 PM »
Mint.... cloud9: 

I have got loads of different types, love making fresh mint tea.  Mint with peas, fresh mint sauce with anything.

I really should get round to dividing mine they are almost coming in the house to get me. eeek:

I have just been watching the bats launch themselves out of next doors roof space.  I thought that we had one or two here.  I kept watching and more flew out there are at least 30 nesting in this colony. cloud9:

I can't tell the neighbours that they are in there as they are the sort to try and get rid.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 09:25:40 PM by Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons) »
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #410 on: July 11, 2013, 09:30:13 PM »

I can't tell the neighbours that they are in there as they are the sort to try and get rid.

Rid of the bats or yourself?
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #411 on: July 12, 2013, 03:04:21 PM »
Oh noes they like me, I chicken sit for them, it will be the bats that they want to get rid of.

The poor love is a chicken novice, in the keeping way of the word, trying to explain to a sobbing woman how to shove a prolapse back into place (a hen not her nor I) was not easy nor was breaking the news that as she (the hen) was an ex-battery hen even if she succeeded it was likely to re-occur and if she wasn't around the hen would likely be eviscerated by her other hens, the sobbing grew louder I offered her a tissue and a black sack.  She had to get a farmer friend in to do the deed. noooo:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #412 on: July 12, 2013, 03:51:03 PM »
Oh noes they like me, I chicken sit for them, it will be the bats that they want to get rid of.

The poor love is a chicken novice, in the keeping way of the word, trying to explain to a sobbing woman how to shove a prolapse back into place (a hen not her nor I) was not easy nor was breaking the news that as she (the hen) was an ex-battery hen even if she succeeded it was likely to re-occur and if she wasn't around the hen would likely be eviscerated by her other hens, the sobbing grew louder I offered her a tissue and a black sack.  She had to get a farmer friend in to do the deed. noooo:
noooo:

Not easy for those who try 'The Good Life' from a standing start.
I mostly despair

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #413 on: July 12, 2013, 05:35:09 PM »

We should all have one of these to help us through the day like  :thumbsup:

Laughing Rooster

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #414 on: July 13, 2013, 10:16:57 PM »

We should all have one of these to help us through the day like  :thumbsup:

Laughing Rooster

:thumbsup:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #415 on: July 17, 2013, 09:53:56 PM »
In this cut-throat world we all live in, what a pleasure it was to read this on one of the other forums I frequent...

Firstly congratulations upon reaching the semi final of the Challenge Cup and we hope you enjoy your visit to our home and town
Realising the challenges of supporting your team with a late kick off and some 200 miles to travel we would like to offer 10 free rooms to travelling Broncos fans at the Park Inn hotel on site at the LSV for Saturday 27th July
These will be double rooms and include breakfast, everything else to be settled by the occupier on departure, if you wish to leave a charitable donation on departure please write a cheque for any amount to 'Wigan and Leigh hospice' and leave with reception
If you wish to take up our offer on a first come first served basis email rob.parker@leighrl.co.uk and we will confirm if you are in the first ten to request

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #416 on: July 17, 2013, 09:56:25 PM »
In this cut-throat world we all live in, what a pleasure it was to read this on one of the other forums I frequent...

Firstly congratulations upon reaching the semi final of the Challenge Cup and we hope you enjoy your visit to our home and town
Realising the challenges of supporting your team with a late kick off and some 200 miles to travel we would like to offer 10 free rooms to travelling Broncos fans at the Park Inn hotel on site at the LSV for Saturday 27th July
These will be double rooms and include breakfast, everything else to be settled by the occupier on departure, if you wish to leave a charitable donation on departure please write a cheque for any amount to 'Wigan and Leigh hospice' and leave with reception
If you wish to take up our offer on a first come first served basis email rob.parker@leighrl.co.uk and we will confirm if you are in the first ten to request

Have you e-mailed ....... rubschin:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #417 on: July 17, 2013, 10:01:01 PM »

It restores your faith in humanity... eeek: Reminds you that there are still some good people out there... :thumbsup:

Other than us of course   eeek:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #418 on: July 17, 2013, 10:12:10 PM »

Of course, "you can take the boy out of the North, but you...."

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #419 on: July 17, 2013, 10:19:07 PM »

Of course, "you can take the boy out of the North, but you...."

Then sell it on........ Thumbs: