Disgusterous

Author Topic: Things that brighten the day  (Read 91555 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Things that brighten the day
« Reply #420 on: July 18, 2013, 06:57:43 AM »
In this cut-throat world we all live in, what a pleasure it was to read this on one of the other forums I frequent...

Firstly congratulations upon reaching the semi final of the Challenge Cup and we hope you enjoy your visit to our home and town
Realising the challenges of supporting your team with a late kick off and some 200 miles to travel we would like to offer 10 free rooms to travelling Broncos fans at the Park Inn hotel on site at the LSV for Saturday 27th July
These will be double rooms and include breakfast, everything else to be settled by the occupier on departure, if you wish to leave a charitable donation on departure please write a cheque for any amount to 'Wigan and Leigh hospice' and leave with reception
If you wish to take up our offer on a first come first served basis email rob.parker@leighrl.co.uk and we will confirm if you are in the first ten to request

Have you e-mailed ....... rubschin:

Of course, "you can take the boy out of the North, but you...."

Then sell it on........ Thumbs:

On ebay like!  eveilgrin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #421 on: July 18, 2013, 08:02:41 AM »
In this cut-throat world we all live in, what a pleasure it was to read this on one of the other forums I frequent...

Firstly congratulations upon reaching the semi final of the Challenge Cup and we hope you enjoy your visit to our home and town
Realising the challenges of supporting your team with a late kick off and some 200 miles to travel we would like to offer 10 free rooms to travelling Broncos fans at the Park Inn hotel on site at the LSV for Saturday 27th July
These will be double rooms and include breakfast, everything else to be settled by the occupier on departure, if you wish to leave a charitable donation on departure please write a cheque for any amount to 'Wigan and Leigh hospice' and leave with reception
If you wish to take up our offer on a first come first served basis email rob.parker@leighrl.co.uk and we will confirm if you are in the first ten to request

I can't believe you pair.... noooo:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #422 on: July 18, 2013, 08:14:29 AM »

I can't believe you pair.... noooo:

Wha? Shrugs: The 'Donate' button has nearly healed up....  evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #423 on: July 18, 2013, 08:25:40 AM »
The weightlifitng doctor did well. Popping out to buy some plants soon
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #424 on: July 18, 2013, 08:56:45 AM »

eeek:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #425 on: July 18, 2013, 11:35:45 AM »

Watch where you throw your fag butts........ noooo:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #426 on: July 18, 2013, 11:49:22 AM »
Oh noes they like me, I chicken sit for them, it will be the bats that they want to get rid of.

The poor love is a chicken novice, in the keeping way of the word, trying to explain to a sobbing woman how to shove a prolapse back into place (a hen not her nor I) was not easy nor was breaking the news that as she (the hen) was an ex-battery hen even if she succeeded it was likely to re-occur and if she wasn't around the hen would likely be eviscerated by her other hens, the sobbing grew louder I offered her a tissue and a black sack.  She had to get a farmer friend in to do the deed. noooo:

We should all have one of these to help us through the day like  :thumbsup:

Laughing Rooster

Or one of these!

On September 10, 1945, farmer Lloyd Olsen of Fruita, Colorado, United States, had his mother-in-law around for supper and was sent out to the yard by his wife to bring back a chicken. Olsen chose a five-and-a-half-month-old cockerel named Mike. The axe missed the jugular vein, leaving one ear and most of the brain stem intact.[2][3]
Despite Olsen's botched handiwork, Mike was still able to balance on a perch and walk clumsily; he even attempted to preen and crow, although he could do neither. When the bird did not die, a surprised Mr. Olsen decided to continue to care permanently for Mike, feeding him a mixture of milk and water via an eyedropper; he was also fed small grains of corn. It is not recorded what was eaten for supper that night.
When used to his new and unusual center of mass, Mike could easily get himself to the highest perches without falling. His crowing, though, was less impressive and consisted of a gurgling sound made in his throat, leaving him unable to crow at dawn. Mike also spent his time preening and attempting to peck for food with his neck.[2]

I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #427 on: July 18, 2013, 11:59:28 AM »
I thought it was called Eddy  rubschin:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #428 on: July 18, 2013, 12:01:53 PM »
I thought it was called Eddy  rubschin:
.. and went on to join the American army, rising to the rank of Colonel.
I mostly despair

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #429 on: July 18, 2013, 12:18:21 PM »
Oh noes they like me, I chicken sit for them, it will be the bats that they want to get rid of.

The poor love is a chicken novice, in the keeping way of the word, trying to explain to a sobbing woman how to shove a prolapse back into place (a hen not her nor I) was not easy nor was breaking the news that as she (the hen) was an ex-battery hen even if she succeeded it was likely to re-occur and if she wasn't around the hen would likely be eviscerated by her other hens, the sobbing grew louder I offered her a tissue and a black sack.  She had to get a farmer friend in to do the deed. noooo:

Laughing Rooster

Or one of these!

On September 10, 1945, farmer Lloyd Olsen of Fruita, Colorado, United States, had his mother-in-law around for supper and was sent out to the yard by his wife to bring back a chicken. Olsen chose a five-and-a-half-month-old cockerel named Mike. The axe missed the jugular vein, leaving one ear and most of the brain stem intact.[2][3]
Despite Olsen's botched handiwork, Mike was still able to balance on a perch and walk clumsily; he even attempted to preen and crow, although he could do neither. When the bird did not die, a surprised Mr. Olsen decided to continue to care permanently for Mike, feeding him a mixture of milk and water via an eyedropper; he was also fed small grains of corn. It is not recorded what was eaten for supper that night.
When used to his new and unusual center of mass, Mike could easily get himself to the highest perches without falling. His crowing, though, was less impressive and consisted of a gurgling sound made in his throat, leaving him unable to crow at dawn. Mike also spent his time preening and attempting to peck for food with his neck.[2]

eeek: I think that's quite a sad story.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #430 on: July 18, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »

Laughing Rooster

Or one of these!

So did the chicken....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2013, 12:56:33 PM »

Laughing Rooster

Or one of these!

So did the chicken....
Unless the remorse and self-pity part of the brain was in the removed bit.

It might just be glad that it would never have another migraine.
I mostly despair

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #432 on: July 18, 2013, 12:57:32 PM »
 lol:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #433 on: July 18, 2013, 01:54:12 PM »

Laughing Rooster

Or one of these!

So did the chicken....

What I'd quite like to know is, how, with most of it's head (and therefore its eyes) missing, how in God's name did it know where the perches were that it's supposed to have been able to jump to?

Bit of an oversight in an otherwise fascinating tale . . . .
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #434 on: July 18, 2013, 03:38:57 PM »
Having kept chickens for years I think that he would prolly be able to do it.  They are creatures of habit and can be quite aggressive.

If he was one of the dominant cockerels when he lost his head he would have been used to getting to the top perches.

I would love to know how the wound didn't become infected. confused:

I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd