Author Topic: Things that brighten the day  (Read 91588 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Things that brighten the day
« Reply #435 on: July 18, 2013, 03:46:27 PM »
Having kept chickens for years I think that he would prolly be able to do it.  They are creatures of habit and can be quite aggressive.

If he was one of the dominant cockerels when he lost his head he would have been used to getting to the top perches.

I would love to know how the wound didn't become infected. confused:

Or why it didn't get another hack when the first failed to do the job...? Shrugs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #436 on: July 18, 2013, 03:48:51 PM »
Having kept chickens for years I think that he would prolly be able to do it.  They are creatures of habit and can be quite aggressive.

If he was one of the dominant cockerels when he lost his head he would have been used to getting to the top perches.

I still don't see how (even if he were dominant) that he could see the perch to get on it without eyes!

Memory of it wouldn't help 'cos he'd have moved and wouldn't know where it was without sight!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #437 on: July 18, 2013, 03:58:16 PM »
 rubschin:  Good point, well made. redface:  The hens could have linked feet to form a step ladder of sorts, he could have scrambled up that not stopping untill his head hit the roof of the run..... Doh
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #438 on: July 18, 2013, 04:16:15 PM »

Or why it didn't get another hack when the first failed to do the job...? Shrugs:

Thumbs: Thumbs: The chap did not feel hungry anymore.  noooo:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #439 on: July 18, 2013, 09:33:13 PM »
In this cut-throat world we all live in, what a pleasure it was to read this on one of the other forums I frequent...

Firstly congratulations upon reaching the semi final of the Challenge Cup and we hope you enjoy your visit to our home and town
Realising the challenges of supporting your team with a late kick off and some 200 miles to travel we would like to offer 10 free rooms to travelling Broncos fans at the Park Inn hotel on site at the LSV for Saturday 27th July
These will be double rooms and include breakfast, everything else to be settled by the occupier on departure, if you wish to leave a charitable donation on departure please write a cheque for any amount to 'Wigan and Leigh hospice' and leave with reception
If you wish to take up our offer on a first come first served basis email rob.parker@leighrl.co.uk and we will confirm if you are in the first ten to request

On behalf of the Board at Leigh Centurions I am delighted to confirm that you were one of the first ten to respond to our offer of free accommodation, double room, with breakfast at the Park Inn, Leigh on the 27th July........

If its your first visit to Leigh then points of interest may be the Pennington Flash country park right on your doorstep ( a good way to walk an hangover or breakfast off on the Sunday).....   lol:

Once again congratulations and we hope you enjoy a great weekend

Party001:  Party001:  Party001:  Party001:  Party001:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #440 on: July 18, 2013, 09:34:17 PM »
In this cut-throat world we all live in, what a pleasure it was to read this on one of the other forums I frequent...

Firstly congratulations upon reaching the semi final of the Challenge Cup and we hope you enjoy your visit to our home and town
Realising the challenges of supporting your team with a late kick off and some 200 miles to travel we would like to offer 10 free rooms to travelling Broncos fans at the Park Inn hotel on site at the LSV for Saturday 27th July
These will be double rooms and include breakfast, everything else to be settled by the occupier on departure, if you wish to leave a charitable donation on departure please write a cheque for any amount to 'Wigan and Leigh hospice' and leave with reception
If you wish to take up our offer on a first come first served basis email rob.parker@leighrl.co.uk and we will confirm if you are in the first ten to request

On behalf of the Board at Leigh Centurions I am delighted to confirm that you were one of the first ten to respond to our offer of free accommodation, double room, with breakfast at the Park Inn, Leigh on the 27th July........

If its your first visit to Leigh then points of interest may be the Pennington Flash country park right on your doorstep ( a good way to walk an hangover or breakfast off on the Sunday).....   lol:

E-Bay.......... Thumbs:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #441 on: July 18, 2013, 09:35:07 PM »
 Party001: Party001: Party001: Party001: Party001: Party001:

Well Done.

Review needed here afterwards, as per my previous request to Miss C.   ;D
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #442 on: July 18, 2013, 09:42:10 PM »
Well done.  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #443 on: July 18, 2013, 10:43:00 PM »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

• Power Poster
« Reply #444 on: July 18, 2013, 10:50:15 PM »

Well Done.

I look forward greatly to spending a weekend away with JOM, it comes as something of a surprise but a pleasant surprise. I do need to confirm with JOM but I think that reviews will be restricted to the delights of the Pennington Flash Country Park. :thumbsup:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #445 on: July 19, 2013, 05:39:31 AM »

E-Bay.......... Thumbs:

Donate button....  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
« Reply #446 on: July 19, 2013, 06:22:40 AM »
 cussing:  Oi  that's my weekend away you are talking about. evil:
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #447 on: July 19, 2013, 06:24:03 AM »

Well Done.

I look forward greatly to spending a weekend away with JOM, it comes as something of a surprise but a pleasant surprise. I do need to confirm with JOM but I think that reviews will be restricted to the delights of the Pennington Flash Country Park. :thumbsup:

happy001   eyes:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #448 on: July 19, 2013, 06:25:28 AM »

E-Bay.......... Thumbs:

Donate button....  cloud9:
[/quote

Quite right Barman  :thumbsup:

donation on departure please write a cheque for any amount to 'Wigan and Leigh hospice'

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #449 on: July 19, 2013, 06:48:37 AM »
cussing:  Oi  that's my weekend away you are talking about. evil:

A Have-it-Away-day type of thing eh...?  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: