Disgusterous

Author Topic: Things that brighten the day  (Read 91618 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Things that brighten the day
« Reply #465 on: July 19, 2013, 11:41:58 AM »
happy001 to that little vignette of life at BM/LL towers LL.  It is of course just as daft here but Mrs K not having an account my worstest siillinesses are kept secret

meanwhile back at JOM balancing on one foot while  . . . .
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #466 on: July 19, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »
Ha!  Finger:

It is called The Visitor

In Connecticut, lonely widowed Professor Walter Vale has a boring life. He teaches only one class at the local college and is trying to learn how to play the piano, despite not having the necessary musical talent. Walter is assigned to attend a conference about Global Policy and Development at New York University, where he is to give a lecture about a paper on which he is co-author. When he arrives at his apartment in New York, he finds Tarek Khalil, a Syrian musician, and Zainab, a Senegalese street vendor, living there. He sympathizes with the situation of the illegal immigrants and invites the couple to stay with him. Tarek invites him to go to his gig at Jules Live Jazz. Walter is fascinated with his African drum and Tarek offers to teach Walter to play the drum. However, after an incident in the subway, Tarek is arrested by the police and sent to a detention center for illegal immigrants. Walter has just hired a lawyer to defend Tarek when, out of the blue, Tarek's mother Mouna ...

Is that the one with lots of writing fading in and out at the start of it  whistle:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #467 on: July 19, 2013, 01:34:27 PM »
Cue the flood of ball and pocket jokes  ::)

I was thinking more about the col... redface:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #468 on: July 19, 2013, 01:35:07 PM »
Ha!  Finger:

It is called The Visitor

In Connecticut, lonely widowed Professor Walter Vale has a boring life. He teaches only one class at the local college and is trying to learn how to play the piano, despite not having the necessary musical talent. Walter is assigned to attend a conference about Global Policy and Development at New York University, where he is to give a lecture about a paper on which he is co-author. When he arrives at his apartment in New York, he finds Tarek Khalil, a Syrian musician, and Zainab, a Senegalese street vendor, living there. He sympathizes with the situation of the illegal immigrants and invites the couple to stay with him. Tarek invites him to go to his gig at Jules Live Jazz. Walter is fascinated with his African drum and Tarek offers to teach Walter to play the drum. However, after an incident in the subway, Tarek is arrested by the police and sent to a detention center for illegal immigrants. Walter has just hired a lawyer to defend Tarek when, out of the blue, Tarek's mother Mouna ...

Is that the one with lots of writing fading in and out at the start of it  whistle:

cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #469 on: July 19, 2013, 05:19:43 PM »
Cue the flood of ball and pocket jokes  ::)

I was thinking more about the col... redface:

Oh gawd I thought that we had put VP Cluedo to bed, as it were.  OK you can be Col. Mustard to my Miss Scarlet. eyes: angel1
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #470 on: July 19, 2013, 06:47:23 PM »
LL admits she has seen The Visitor....  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #471 on: July 19, 2013, 06:49:00 PM »

You happy now   ::)
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #472 on: July 19, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »

You happy now   ::)

Oh yes...  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #473 on: July 19, 2013, 06:56:21 PM »

Ahh yes but he is back over here now safe and well, sort of unsound, but here nonetheless therefore LL is unlikely to see 'The Visitor' for another year or so whereas Boogs and I are planning a magnificent party at Nick Towers and unless or until he decides to island hop 'The Visitor' is ours.....Mwahahahahahahaha  point:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #474 on: July 19, 2013, 06:59:23 PM »

Ahh yes but he is back over here now safe and well, sort of unsound, but here nonetheless therefore LL is unlikely to see 'The Visitor' for another year or so whereas Boogs and I are planning a magnificent party at Nick Towers and unless or until he decides to island hop 'The Visitor' is ours.....Mwahahahahahahaha  point:

scared2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #475 on: July 19, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »

:thumbsup:  A party meeting or just a party ... so I can bring my pom poms  Party001: Party001: Party001:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #476 on: July 19, 2013, 07:01:28 PM »

You lot are welcome to him.  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #477 on: July 19, 2013, 07:04:40 PM »

Miss C and me look after our own .... we in the Midlands stick together ... we may wander occasionally but we come back home and stick together... :thumbsup:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #478 on: July 19, 2013, 07:09:08 PM »

Miss C and me look after our own .... we in the Midlands stick together ... we may wander occasionally but we come back home and stick together... :thumbsup:

Bryan Ferry - Let's Stick Together
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #479 on: July 19, 2013, 07:14:21 PM »

All meeting up at the mosque?  rubschin: