Author Topic: Things that brighten the day  (Read 91671 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: Things that brighten the day
« Reply #555 on: September 22, 2013, 05:37:52 PM »
Woodstock checks in:

Hope all is well with you.  Term has started for me - I have more than 100 students on my programme this term which is a huge number after the teeny tiny college I was with before.  The head of department resigned just after I started (not my fault, honest!) so I was immediately promoted.  Boys have not started school yet, as we have had a lot of difficulty finding a decent school with places for both.  However, we now have a school willing to take both of them and it rates OK with Ofsted so they will start soon.  They seem pleased with it although I reckon it will be a bit of a shock to their systems as they have had only 3 weeks of school since Malcolm died.  Cannot honestly say that we miss Wales at all - we've found lots of nice walks for Kai,  the weather is certainly drier and the road quieter - do miss the Boss more than somewhat, I keep wanting to tell him things that strike me as funny or stupid.  But hey, onward and upward as he used to say.

Thumbs: Thumbs: Thumbs:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #556 on: September 22, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »
Wot AP said.  Thanks for the update Nick.  :thumbsup:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #557 on: September 22, 2013, 05:43:52 PM »
Woodstock checks in:

Hope all is well with you.  Term has started for me - I have more than 100 students on my programme this term which is a huge number after the teeny tiny college I was with before.  The head of department resigned just after I started (not my fault, honest!) so I was immediately promoted.  Boys have not started school yet, as we have had a lot of difficulty finding a decent school with places for both.  However, we now have a school willing to take both of them and it rates OK with Ofsted so they will start soon.  They seem pleased with it although I reckon it will be a bit of a shock to their systems as they have had only 3 weeks of school since Malcolm died.  Cannot honestly say that we miss Wales at all - we've found lots of nice walks for Kai,  the weather is certainly drier and the road quieter - do miss the Boss more than somewhat, I keep wanting to tell him things that strike me as funny or stupid.  But hey, onward and upward as he used to say.

Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #558 on: September 22, 2013, 06:05:18 PM »
Woodstock checks in:

Can't be easy for her .. Great to hear she is making a new life for the family ... Wish them every success  Thumbs:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #559 on: September 22, 2013, 06:26:51 PM »
Cheers for the update Nick. Nice to hear so many positives coming out of what has been an extremely turbulent time  :thumbsup:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #560 on: September 22, 2013, 06:54:36 PM »
Woodstock checks in:

Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #561 on: September 22, 2013, 07:00:20 PM »
Thank you Nick. I am sure you passed on best wishes from us all. :thumbsup:
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #562 on: September 22, 2013, 07:02:33 PM »
I did
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #563 on: September 22, 2013, 07:14:41 PM »
Thanks Nick.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #564 on: September 22, 2013, 07:17:37 PM »

I bet he said something inappropriate.....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #565 on: September 22, 2013, 08:45:59 PM »
Wot they all said Nick ^  :thumbsup:  thanks
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #566 on: September 22, 2013, 09:18:18 PM »

I bet he said something inappropriate.....  noooo:

Prolly.  noooo:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #567 on: September 22, 2013, 09:21:08 PM »
Think Nick just topped this thread ........ Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #568 on: September 22, 2013, 09:49:35 PM »
He has  :thumbsup: I was gonna post something yesterday, then forgot, so was going to post it today until I saw Nick's post

I'll do it next Saturday and pretend it happened then  :thumbsup:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #569 on: September 22, 2013, 09:53:31 PM »
He has  :thumbsup: I was gonna post something yesterday, then forgot, so was going to post it today until I saw Nick's post

I'll do it next Saturday and pretend it happened then  :thumbsup:

Can't you post it tomorrow and pretend you forgot today as well as yesterday  whistle:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .