Disgusterous

Author Topic: New Windows for the North facing side of the Kennels  (Read 1652 times)

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
Re: New Windows for the North facing side of the Kennels
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 02:40:41 AM »
Is it time for the "A flat minor" joke?

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 02:42:44 AM »
 drumroll:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 09:07:59 AM »
Work on the windows recommenced this morning at 08.30.
All is going well ...... between the showers  confused:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »
Rain abated during the morning and work cracked on .... Me man has just now gone for the day .... All external work finished in anticipation of rain tomorrow when he will be doing internal work only. Job's a good 'un!  happy088

rubschin: How long before SWWLTBO wants the rooms redecorated to cover up what little damage there is to the decoration and decides that we might as well change the whole colour scheme in each room?

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 03:21:27 PM »
Get another man in...............

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 03:23:11 PM »
Prolly  surrender:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2011, 03:27:31 PM »
rubschin: How long before SWWLTBO wants the rooms redecorated to cover up what little damage there is to the decoration and decides that we might as well change the whole colour scheme in each room?

noooo:

Its like when they buy a 'must have' bargain handbag then need the dress, shoes and gawd knows what to match it....  evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 03:41:03 PM »

noooo:

Its like when they buy a 'must have' bargain handbag then need the dress, shoes and gawd knows what to match it....  evil:

I fear so ~ new paint colours for the walls ("because we'll never match the old one to just 'touch up' with") .... will lead to new carpets which in turn leads to new curtains, lampshades, duvet covers ...... the list is endless.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 03:41:54 PM »

noooo:

I fear so ~ new paint colours for the walls ("because we'll never match the old one to just 'touch up' with") .... will lead to new carpets which in turn leads to new curtains, lampshades, duvet covers ...... the list is endless.

happy100
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 03:44:44 PM »

noooo:

happy100

Just as well me window man came in at 750 quid below the budget I had set myself ...... Not that I've told her that.  ;)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2011, 03:46:52 PM »

noooo:

happy100

Just as well me window man came in at 750 quid below the budget I had set myself ...... Not that I've told her that.  ;)

I hope she does not read this.......... rubschin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2011, 03:47:38 PM »
She can't get into it  whistle:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2011, 05:09:18 PM »
My windows are finished and very pleasing they are  cloud9:

Cunningly I have said to SWWLTBO, as we viewed the finished article from outside and then in...... "Well, now we need to work out a plan to move the children around to share bedrooms whilst we redecorate them all, then we'll have to move the dining room furniture into the garage so we can decorate that room..... Can't see it all being done before the end of August  noooo:"

And she replied " Oh dear .... Do you think so? ..... I have so much work to do over the summer with preparing new courses I really can't spare the time to do all that AND of course there's Minimus's asthma that the paint will prolly make worse .........Can't we make do with a little touch up paint job here and there?"

Me: " rubschin: Weeeellllll ~ I suppose that would hold it for a year or two .... at a push (sucks teeth in professional manner and leaves a long pause whilst rolling a ciggy and igniting it) ~ All right dear, I'll give it a go and see how it looks when I've done" (Wimmin love it when you get all decisive and agree to "their" ideas)

Her: (Cooing a little with pleasure at getting what she thinks is her own way) "Oh thanks darling ~ I knew you'd understand"

So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a foxhound  whistle:

Offline Nick

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2011, 05:13:08 PM »
 happ096 happ096 happ096 happ096 happ096 happ096
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2011, 06:36:17 PM »