Disgusterous

Author Topic: Gym changing rooms.  (Read 837 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Gym changing rooms.
« on: July 11, 2011, 09:30:39 AM »
Yes, I DID join a gym, and yes, I am still going regulary after 4 months, and yes, I have lost nearly a stone, some of little faith. whistle:

The changing rooms though. I hate them, and I hate being surrounded by blokes proudly walking around with their 'giblets' on show. sick2:

Personally, I tend to find the darkest and remotest corner to get changed....quickly, gruns on first before even getting dried.
I've also now found the quietest times to go to help avoidance of these willy wavers.

All so embarrasing though imo.

Old fashioned? Maybe. ::)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Gym changing rooms.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 09:43:39 AM »
Well done you  8)

As for changing rooms - in our gym they have a couple of cubicles for those seeking privacy when getting changed otherwise it's just strip off and dry off in front of everyone.

I think we all feel a little self conscious at first but after a while it's quite reassuring to see all the different shapes and sizes and then you just don't bat an eyelid .
Skubber

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 09:48:39 AM »
I've noticed there are three types of haviour in the changing room. There are those that proudly display their bits and bobs for minutes on end, they're normally the ones with the best toned bodies as well. (bastards!) Then there's my type, just behave as they would in their own bedrooms. (within limits) and Growlers type.

Growler would like our changing room, there's two private changing cubicles as well. Although I've yet to see anyone using them.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 09:53:43 AM »
I've noticed there are three types of haviour in the changing room. There are those that proudly display their bits and bobs for minutes on end, they're normally the ones with the best toned bodies as well. (bastards!) Then there's my type, just behave as they would in their own bedrooms. (within limits) and Growlers type.

Growler would like our changing room, there's two private changing cubicles as well. Although I've yet to see anyone using them.

I would, absolutely.

I think all this hatred of them stems back to secondary scoohell 'after games' scenario, where much mocking would take place amongst the lads, all under the mucho overly watchful eye of a slightly dubious suspicious looking  games teacher. rubschin:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 09:57:20 AM »
Talking of the gym, has anyone actually managed to enter and stay in a 'steam room' yet? eeek:

I tried...unsuccessfully...last week for the first time.
The atmosphere did actually take my breath away.

Sauna is sweet though. cloud9:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 10:03:59 AM »
I like the steam room then into the sauna .....pain / pleasure principle  lol:
Skubber

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 10:05:33 AM »
I think all this hatred of them stems back to secondary scoohell 'after games' scenario, where much mocking would take place amongst the lads, all under the mucho overly watchful eye of a slightly dubious suspicious looking  games teacher. rubschin:
Well, there's no mocking going on in adult changing rooms and anyway, what do you care what other people think?

I was excused PE at "scoohell" (cracking word) ~ dodgy ticker.  whistle:

Talking of the gym, has anyone actually managed to enter and stay in a 'steam room' yet? eeek:

I normally have dip in the spa after my swim, tried the sauna but still undecided. Not going near the steam room though.  noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 10:06:24 AM »
I like the steam room then into the sauna .....pain / pleasure principle  lol:

Do you take an oxygen mask in with you?
Impossible to breathe without imo.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 10:07:26 AM »
You get used to it though .....take in water with you
Skubber

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 10:09:34 AM »
Well, there's no mocking going on in adult changing rooms and anyway, what do you care what other people think?

I was excused PE at "scoohell" (cracking word) ~ dodgy ticker.  whistle:

I normally have dip in the spa after my swim, tried the sauna but still undecided. Not going near the steam room though.  noooo:

No, there's no mocking in ours either. I'm jusr too self concious I guess, stoopid but true. shrugs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 10:11:20 AM »
You get used to it though .....take in water with you

How the hell are you supposed to drink water if you can't breathe ey, how? confused:
How does water help anyway?

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 10:14:17 AM »
It's about controlling your breathing, and as you lose moisture in the environment you need to ensure you are keeping your fluid intake up.
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 10:15:07 AM »
I find steamrooms/saunas very uncomfortable, un-natural and overpowering. 

Avoid at all costs
I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 10:18:13 AM »
I find steamrooms/saunas very uncomfortable, un-natural and overpowering. 

Avoid at all costs

+1

I really could not get in the steam room. Just opening the door and being engulfed outside it was more than enough for me. eeek:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 07:29:52 PM »
Good on you for keeping it up fella.

When I use to go the only time I used the steam room was at the latter end of having a cold, the menthol and eucalyptus they had in the vapours worked a treat and as Miss D said, it as just a matter of mastering the breathing.

As for the sauna, I use to enjoy them. The only time I didn't was when I thought it would be a good idea to put a few drops of Olbas oil on the coals. Not recommended!  Bloody hell, my eyes stung for ages
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie