Author Topic: London Sights  (Read 958 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
London Sights
« on: August 25, 2011, 04:57:01 PM »
I recall my first visit to London in 1966 ( redface:) and thinking that you could walk around in a spacesuit without getting a second glance. I was right.

Day 1: I saw a person of unidentifiable sex marching purposefully along in shorts and a top hat
Day 2: I saw a young woman in Islington pushing a baby buggy whilst also operating an hula hoop eeek:  QUite an achievement, especially in a busy street, and passing almost unnoticed

I shall keep a sharp eye out for more. I wonder if MIss D has a pogo stick  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Re: London Sights
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 08:07:35 PM »
You should have seen some of the sights in Sheffield today.  Varying sizes from OK to super obese, bright orange, peroxide or jet black hair. skimpily dressed in an odd assortment of ripped tights, shorts, t.shirt 2 sizes too small belt around their chests. Usually in groups more than one with a buggy, carrying a dusky baby, most chewing gum whilst squawking either at each other or into a mobile phone clamped to their ear sometimes both. It was the stuff that my nightmares are made of. noooo:  Oh and some of them have a strange fringe thing going on with their hair. Other than saying that it makes them look like they have a speed bump on their head I cannot begin to describe it. noooo:  I fear I may need therapy. sad24:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Nick

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 08:14:42 PM »
Do you have a rifle?  It would be a mercy noooo:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 08:41:20 PM »
You should have seen some of the sights in Sheffield today.  Varying sizes from OK to super obese, bright orange, peroxide or jet black hair. skimpily dressed in an odd assortment of ripped tights, shorts, t.shirt 2 sizes too small belt around their chests. Usually in groups more than one with a buggy, carrying a dusky baby, most chewing gum whilst squawking either at each other or into a mobile phone clamped to their ear sometimes both. It was the stuff that my nightmares are made of. noooo:  Oh and some of them have a strange fringe thing going on with their hair. Other than saying that it makes them look like they have a speed bump on their head I cannot begin to describe it. noooo:  I fear I may need therapy. sad24:

What were the women like  whistle:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 09:31:42 PM »

Well that's not very nice I am feeding Jim for you.

JOM funnily enough today the men were not that noticeable, probably because I was making one of my infrequent excursions into the girlie parts of shops. I was reminded why I don't venture there very often. sick2:  They were so loud which may in fact not just be a Sheffield thing. noooo: There is something about the accent which for me at least truly grates.  Explode:

:dogrun:  OK where is Tintin and since when has Hergé been on here?
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 05:21:57 AM »

JOM funnily enough today the men were not that noticeable, probably because I was making one of my infrequent excursions into the girlie parts of shops. I was reminded why I don't venture there very often. sick2:  They were so loud which may in fact not just be a Sheffield thing. noooo: There is something about the accent which for me at least truly grates.  Explode:

They sell girlie parts  eeek:  I thought C & A went bust (see what I did there like) years ago  redface:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 05:33:22 AM »

They sell girlie parts  eeek:  I thought C & A went bust (see what I did there like) years ago  redface:

drumroll:  :thumbsup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 07:17:59 AM »
Oh JOM.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 07:22:13 AM »

Don't say I didn't warn you. Sheffield is like a different world. noooo:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 08:21:32 AM »

I know you did. Luckily I don't 'do the shops' very often, never have. I should film some of it. noooo:

J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Nick

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 02:25:30 PM »
Elderly chap in Ladbroke Grove. Jack RUssell (real) draped around his shoulders. Dog turd (fake) stuck to the top of his head.  Shrugs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 02:34:55 PM »

I know you did. Luckily I don't 'do the shops' very often, never have. I should film some of it. noooo:

eeek:

You are obviously NOT a wumman and I claim my bag of greasy spanners (AF)

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 03:38:13 PM »
I have just had a sneaky peek and I deffo am.  A woman that is. razz:
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 03:49:37 PM »
I have just had a sneaky peek and I deffo am.  A woman that is. razz:

Piccies...for positive proof purposes only like? whistle:

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2011, 04:09:38 PM »
Oh all right if I must. ::)

J Basil Boothroyd